Wednesday 11 January 2012

11/22/63-My Thoughts



I've been a big Stephen King fan since I read Pet Cemetery at the young age of 13, and it's been a long time since I could say I LOVED one of Mr. King's books. I think the last one was the final Dark Tower book.

I'm so happy to be able to say that now! I LOVED this book!

The Master of Horror has written a beautiful, touching novel that's not at all like his usual work.

Let me be clear...This is NOT a horror story. This is a love story, through and through, and it's not at all what I expected it to be.

Without spoilers, 11/22/63 is about a man who finds a 'rabbit hole' that transports him back in time. He decides to try to stop Lee Harvey Oswald from killing Kennedy.

What follows is a masterpiece of twists and turns, of love and heartbreak. Mr. King makes every single character come alive in this novel, and you quickly fall in love (or hate, as the case may be) with them.

The end is brilliant....perfect...and it had me sobbing when I finished the book at 4am. Yes, that's how engrossing this book is. It WILL keep you up well past your bedtime, just reading 'one more chapter'.

Mr. King, you've done it again. Hats off to you, good sir!


Highlight:
Meeting a few people from the past. Again, I can't say much without spoiling it, but I grinned from ear to ear ( and, of course, got teary) when we ran into these 'old friends' of mine. :)

Horror fan or not, King fan or not, I can guarantee you'll love this book. If you read it, let me know what you think!
As always, comments are most welcome!




2 comments:

  1. I'm not really the biggest fan of Stephen King because I don't like horror books or movies that much but, there are some books and movies that I liked from him. This book looks interesting I think i'm going to have to put it on my list of books that I want to read. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost done and really liking this one. I hope he comes back to do a reading for this one too like he did with the dome. it was so nice to see him in person! I don't think this is like any of his other books and can't wait to see how it ends..

    ReplyDelete