Thursday 16 February 2012

What Am I Watching?


People ask me what I'm watching. What I think of this show. Have I seen that show.
And since, you know, I LOVE talking about TV, I figured I'd post about what's currently on my must-see TV list!

Once Upon A Time
Obviously, I adore this show. I can honestly say that this has become my favourite. I never miss an episode and I blog about it right after I watch it.
If you love fairytales, romance, mystery and drama, you'll love this show.

The Walking Dead
They had me at 'zombie apocalypse'. C'mon. What's not to love??
If you're not a fan of blood and gore, cursing and death, you may want to skip this one.
But if you love zombies and apocalypses, this is the show for you!

Talking Dead
This follows the Walking Dead at midnight. It's a fun little talk show hosted by Chris Hardwick (The Nerdist). He and guests discuss the previous Walking Dead episode.
If you like TWD and you're a night owl, you'll enjoy this show.

House
I'll admit that the last two seasons haven't been as good, but in this, it's final year, I have to watch to the end.
I still love that cranky, miserable Doctor. I'll miss him.
If you haven't watched before now, I wouldn't bother getting into it. 

Alcatraz
I'm sitting on the fence with this one. The first episodes were great, but I find myself getting bored with it now.
But I love Jorge Garcia, so I'm going to stick it out for awhile.
If you like supernatural stuff, you may enjoy this show.

Being Human (NA)
A vampire, a werewolf and a ghost walk  into a bar...
But seriously, this season is (so far) much better than season 1. The show finally seems to be breaking away from it's UK counterpart, which, in my opinion, is a good thing. Why would I want to watch two shows that are exactly the same, y'know?
This show also has some gore and slight nudity. But if you like paranormal and supernatural shows, you'll  love Being Human (NA).

Grimm
Like Once Upon A Time, this is a show of fairytales...but it's a VERY different type of show.
It's much darker. Where OUAT is a romance/drama, Grimm is a crime drama. 
If you like CSI/Criminal Minds-type shows, you'll like Grimm.

The Secret Circle
Yes, I know it's a show for teens, but it's really well written and fascinating in it's own little way!
If you like The Vampire Diaries, magic/supernatural shows, you'll like The Secret Circle.

Castle
Hello...Nathan Fillion? Need I say more? ;)
Everyone will like this show.

Ringer
I started watching this show because of Sarah Michelle Geller....and it quickly sucked me in.
Yes, it can be cheesy at times, but it's just different from anything else on TV, it's clever, and it always leaves me hanging. 
If you like soap operas, mysteries or thrillers, you'll like Ringer. But watch from the beginning. You'll be lost if you start it now.

New Girl
This is one of only two sitcoms you'll see on this list. Sadly, I just don't like many of today's sitcoms.
This one, however, I adore. Zooey Deschanel is hilarious. 
Everyone will love this show.

The River
Only a couple of episodes in and I'm hooked. I LOVE spooky and The River is spooky! C'mon...that doll tree?! Creepy as heck! I've been waiting for a show like this for a long time. I really hope it stays as good as it started.
If you enjoy being scared, you'll love The River.

The Big Bang Theory
The second sitcom on my list. The perfect show for geeks. Absolutely hilarious.
Everyone will love this show.

Grey's Anatomy
Totally hooked on this show. I love everything about it. I've been watching for years and this is one that I know I'll watch until the end.
We don't yet know if there will be another season after this one, but either way, it'll go out on a high.
If you like medical dramas, you'll love Grey's.

A Gifted Man
I admit that I only watch this because there's nothing else on Friday's at 8. This show I can take or leave. When I watch it, I like it, but I don't miss it if I'm not able to see it.
Again, if you like soaps or medical dramas with a bit of paranormal thrown in, you'll probably like this one.

Fringe
Another show I'm hooked on. I love the mystery, the questions, the puzzles.
Again this year, it's on the bubble between renewal and cancellation. From what I understand, the writers have an end game planned for either, thank God. 
If you liked Lost, you'll like Fringe...but, like Lost, you have to watch right from the first season to know what's going on.

Supernatural
This is just a fun show. There's not a lot of thinking, there IS a lot of eyecandy, and you can jump right into it anytime.
This season they've gone bock to their roots with the 'monster-of-the-week', and I much prefer that over the story arcs they've had in the previous seasons.
If you like supernatural shows, you'll love, er...Supernatural. 

Merlin
It took me two attempts to get into this show, but now I adore it. I've always loved the story of King Arthur, and this is a much different story than we know.
If you enjoy British dramas, tales from Camelot, magic and fairytales, you'll love Merlin.

Those are the shows that I CURRENTLY watch. Of course, there are shows that I'm planning to add to that list as soon as I can get caught up on them.
Downton Abbey, The Vampire Diaries, Sherlock and Revenge are four at the top of my list.

So! What are YOU watching?

1 comment:

  1. So, of the shows you listed I watch and love Once Upon a Time, Alcatraz, Grimm, The Secret Circle, Castle, New Girl, The River, Fringe and just getting into The Big Bang Theory. I would like to watch some of the others too if I could find all the episodes and find the time. You should definitely watch The Vampire Diaries it's one of my absolute favourites, and Sherlock is great. The other shows I watch are Hawaii 5-O (love Alex O'Loughlin since Moonlight and Daniel Dae Kim from Lost), Smash, How I Met Your Mother (cuz NPH rules), Glee, Person of Interest, Bones, The Finder, and CSI/CSI:NY. Shows already done for the season Dexter, Doctor Who, True Blood, Sanctuary, Alphas, Primeval, Terra Nova.
    It's a wonder I find time for work and sleep, nevermind reading books you review and recommend!

    ReplyDelete