Saturday 4 February 2012

Movie Review--The Grey


All I knew about The Grey going in was that it starred Liam Neeson and there were wolves in it.
I didn't expect much, and I'm so glad I didn't know anymore than that.

This movie was GREAT! It's gritty and dark and depressing and graphic. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this is the perfect guy movie.
That's NOT to say women won't enjoy it...I mean, I'M a woman and I liked it!...But it's definitely NOT something most women would like.


The Grey is about a bunch of oil riggers who's plane goes down in the Alaskan wilderness. And I'm not exaggerating when I say that anything that can go wrong, DOES go wrong.

These poor guys battle freezing temperatures, lack of food, injuries, blizzards...Oh, and those pesky HUGE monster wolves I mentioned above.


The trailers make The Grey look like an action movie. It's not.
This is movie with heart and courage and it's about the ultimate survival test.

Liam Neeson is great in the part of Ottway, showing the despair and courage the poor guy goes through.
The rest of the cast is also fabulous, and you'll definitely feel for all of them.

And the end...Argh, I wish I could say more without spoiling it, but the end is BRILLIANT.
Absolutely perfect....although from what I've read, people either love it or hate it.
This is just MY opinion, of course, but I really think that those who hate it just didn't 'get' what the movie is really about.
Oh, and make sure you watch to the very end...after the credits. ;)

Have you seen The Grey? I would LOVE to discuss that ending with you! What did you think of the movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment