Thursday 22 October 2015

Christina Watches: Gilmore Girls S01 E3



Welcome back to my "Gilmore Girls" watch! This time it's Kill Me Now

In this episode, Rory has to choose a sport to play at school, and so she goes golfing with her grandfather to learn the game.
Along the way they bond, and they actually have a great time together.

Lorelai, on the other hand, is planning a huge double-twin wedding at the inn, and when she hears that Rory and Richard actually had fun together, she gets jealous and petty. She starts a fight with Rory about boob sizes, which, of course, is resolved before the episode ends.

Michel is his usual grumpy self, and I actually laughed out loud three or four times during this episode because of him. He gets some awesome lines.

Sookie is another great background player, and her banter with Jackson is adorable and amusing.

In the end, everyone learnt a valuable lesson, and I've learnt that the show is slowly improving and finding it's stride. 

However, I still feel like I'm waiting for something to happen....anything, really. I'm not yet emotionally invested, and that's very important for me when it comes to TV shows.
I'm also not yet in love with the main characters. I hope something happens soon to fix that.
I know, I know, it's only episode 3...but if I compare this to other shows I love, like Grey's Anatomy, Veronica Mars, or Friday Night Lights, by now I was already completely hooked and invested in the show.

Will that happen soon with Gilmore Girls? I truly hope so. I want to feel the way you all did when you watched it for the first time!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment