Saturday 21 April 2012

Supernatural: Of Grave Importance


Tonight's episode...wasn't what I expected. And honestly, I wasn't feeling it. :(
Was I the only one?

So the boys get a call from another hunter, Annie, who, er...apparently gets around. ;)
She has some things of Bobby's and they all agree to meet the next day for lunch.

Speaking of Bobby--Yup. He's still hanging around and still trying to get the boys to notice him.
When Annie doesn't show up for lunch, the guys figure something's wrong and go investigate her motel room.
They find info on the case she was working and head there with Bobby in tow.
Of course, it just happens to be a creepy old haunted house.

Bobby sees Annie and she discovers she's dead. Of course, that doesn't stop them from trying to help Sam and Dean.
With the assistance of one of the more coherent spirits, Bobby learns to manipulate objects in the real world. While Dean is taking a shower, Bobby writes a message on the fogged up mirror, "Annie trapped in house."
Of course, the boys are a bit freaked out by this, so they ask who wrote it.
The reply? "Bobby."
Do you even need to ask? YES, I teared up, okay?! :P

The boys head back to the house and speak to Victoria, yet another ghost who's more powerful than Bobby and Annie and who can make herself seen.
She relays the message from Annie about the evil ghost who's killing people and trapping their spirits in the house.
Apparently he absorbs the spirits, which makes him more powerful.

The boys head off to find the bones, unknowingly bringing the evil ghost along for the ride.
While he's gone, Bobby and Annie find the bodies of those that have been killed in the house.
As they're preparing the burn them, evil ghost reappears and starts to absorb Bobby.
Luckily, the boys find the bones in the nick of time.

The boys return to the house and, lo and behold, they see Bobby sitting there on the floor.
Yes, apparently he's strong enough to be seen now!
Annie gets a hunter's burial and Dean confronts Bobby. He's angry that Bobby stayed when he could be having a beer in heaven.
Bobby poofs away in anger.

In the car, Sam and Dean talk about Bobby's choice.
Of course, Bobby has returned and overhears them, unbeknownst to the boys. :(

So...WHY was Dean so pissed that Bobby had decided to stay?? With the way he's been since Bobby died, you'd think he'd be happy to see him and glad Bobby was back to help out.
I didn't find that at all convincing.
I think the boys would of AT LEAST tried for a hug or something!

ANYway...

What questions do we have after this episode?
-How will Bobby convince the boys to let him help?
-Will Death give Bobby his life back?
-Will ANYONE give Bobby his life back?
-How is Cas doing?
-Why aren't the boys going after the Leviathans more?
-What are the Leviathians up to?

Best Lines:
-"That's a lot of foxholes." -Dean
-"Balls. This is exhausting."-Bobby
-"Right, ghost juju."-Bobby
-"Alright now. I can kill werewolves, fix a Pinto and bake cornbread. I'll be damned if I can't get zen."-Bobby
-"Slimer?"-Dean
"-Suck on that, Swayze."-Bobby


What did you think of tonight's episode?

Next week, the amazingly awesome Felicia Day guest stars! SO EXCITED! 
Here's the promo.



See you next week, Winchester fans!
  

2 comments:

  1. -"Balls."-Bobby
    -"Alright now. I can kill werewolves, fix a Pinto and bake cornbread. I'll be damned if I can't get zen."-Bobby

    Those were my fave lines from your list. I think Dean responded to Bobby staying like typical Dean. So traditional in the 'natural order of things' he refuses to see the deeper picture. Bobby sacrificed the traditional way to go to help the brothers and Dean acts like his 'ass head' self instead of just giving into being happy Bobby's back. I wasn't shocked at all.

    I'm psyched about next week's episode. The leviathons are some of the best set of supernatural villains in a while. Bobby getting his life back? That would be nice, how is the question though. Cass gets a holiday is pretty much my thinking but I definitely want to see him next season.

    This was a very good post. I rarely get to comment on tv shows since I follow almost exclusively book blogs. Great idea posting this and I'm ready for next friday's episode. The promo was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting!

    Yeah, I'm too much of a TV addict to post exclusively on books. ;)
    I recap Supernatural and Once Upon A Time every week, and I'll probably pick up more shows over time.
    I also review movies when I see them. :)

    I agree about Dean. He's doing his 'close-minded' thing again, which shouldn't really shock me.
    I do hope that in time he gets used to the idea of Bobby being around to help!
    I adore Bobby.

    ReplyDelete