Saturday 25 October 2014

Doctor Who: Season 8

I'm mad, you guys. Really, really mad. Many of you have noticed that I'm not recapping Doctor Who lately. A lot of that is because life got in my way for awhile, but a lot of it is also because, frankly, I just don't give a crap. Me, one of the biggest Doctor Who fans around, doesn't. Give. A crap. About Doctor Who. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

I'm tried of mediocre, I'm tired of silly, I'm tired of poor writing and plot holes and ignoring and/or rewriting Doctor Who canon and lore. This is so far from the Doctor Who that I fell in love with, that it might as well be a whole different show. Capaldi is being wasted, and it pisses me off.


Murder on the Orient Express? Mediocre. Slightly scary, neat monster. The rest was forgettable.


Flatline? Tripe. Hated it. The story was stupid. Clara was great.


In the Forest of the Night? An episode of Sarah Jane Adventures without Sarah Jane (RIP, Lis). Again, mediocre, silly. WTF was with the end? Where the hell did the sister even come from? Most of it made zero sense. It was pointless.


I'm afraid of what the 2-part finale will bring. Will we get a Listen, or a Kill the Moon? I don't know, but I really, really want it to be good.


So, sorry, you guys. Thanks for understanding.


Oh, and for the record? I think Danny dies which makes Clara turn against the Doctor in the finale. I also still say she might be Missy. Miss C, y'know? Missy. Clara from the future, or from another timeline or something.

But Missy could also be a personification of the Doctor himself. She does call Clara, "My Clara", like he does, along with all the other hints about the accent, how she chose Clara, etc.
So, I dunno. But Danny's gonna die, I guarantee it. ;)


3 comments:

  1. I kind of get what you're saying. It's not nearly as good this season, which is sad because Capaldi is amazing and he deserves better. So much better. But there have been a few moments in Flatline where Capaldi WAS the Doctor, imo.

    I really don't like Clara this season.

    Also, the Danny dying thing is an interesting theory. Though, I'm wondering what you think about Orson Pink then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! I have two possible answers:
      1) Clara is already pregnant, and doesn't know it yet. ;)
      2) Wibbly wobbly timey wimey, Danny is brought back to life at the end and he and Clara live happily ever after.

      Delete
  2. I haven't watched forest one yet. I'm not as excited either about this season so I've been going really slowly through the episodes, instead of watching them quickly like I did in the past, right when they were airing.

    Flatline was all right, but I felt like they could have done so much more with it.

    I enjoyed the Orient Express one though.

    I've thought that maybe Clara was Missy as well. But somehow I doubt that it's that simple.

    ReplyDelete